Every woman experiences some amount of hair loss in life. It is completely normal to lose some hair every day. Minor hair loss is just a way of your body replacing the old with new healthy hair. In fact, consider it normal if you are shedding 50 to 100 hair every day. But if you notice signs such as an excessive amount of hair stuck to your pillowcase, or hair scattered across the floors, it might be an indication that the problem is more than superficial.
Here are some of the most common hair fall reasons in females:
- Menopause and hormonal imbalances: Sometimes hair loss is triggered by hormonal imbalances in the body. When there is an imbalance of hormones, problems such as dryness, thinning and breakage of hair may arise. Such imbalances are generally seen in women suffering from PCOS, Thyroid and Endometriosis. The same goes for women who have stepped into their menopausal phase. Menopause too affects the production of several hormones and it is often responsible for hormonal hair loss in women.
- Stress and anxiety : Stress does not directly cause hair fall but chronic stress can put hair follicles into the resting phase. Hair loss that happens because of stress is called telogen effluvium. It can interrupt the natural growth cycle of the hair. That is why women experience hair fall out without new hair replacing the lost hair. Yoga, breathing exercises and stress management techniques can help people cope better with stress and anxiety.
- Nutritional deficiency: Not eating a well-balanced diet, using long-term medication and consuming more processed food can deprive your hair of essential nutrients required for healthy growth. For optimal hair growth, the body needs nutrients such as vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin E, iron and zinc. A lack of any of these in the body can lead to hair fall.
- Using heating tools frequently: Frequently exposing your hair and scalp to the heat generated by styling tools can aggravate hair fall. It increases the dryness of the scalp making hair prone to breakage. Although it is not possible to avoid the use of these tools altogether, try to ensure that you make use of it only when it is necessary. For extra protection, layer your hair with a hydrating serum or massage the scalp with a hydrating oil to prevent further damage.
- Not using the scalp cleanser that suits your hair type: Choose a scalp cleanser that works best for your hair type. For instance, if you have dry hair and you use a cleanser that has ingredients to remove excess oil from the scalp, you will end up with frizzier hair that will become more prone to breakage. Our hair cleansers are formulated for specific hair types.
Hair fall is indeed a nightmare for everyone. Hair fall can be triggered by many factors including the ones that are mentioned above. Our hair products are formulated to reduce hair fall and keep your scalp nourished to ensure healthy hair growth. When used in the recommended manner, our hair products will help you fight hair loss and add volume and nourishment.