Summer Hair Care Essentials
When you step out in the sun, you protect your skin with sunscreen. But what about your hair? Just as the sun damages your skin, it damages your hair too. Excessive exposure to the sun strips away the natural moisture of the hair, making your mane look dry, fragile and brittle. Excessive sweating and dust weaken the hair strands, making them more vulnerable to hair woes such as dandruff, split ends and hair fall. While summer is the perfect time to spend outdoors, how do you step out without damaging your hair? Do not worry we have got you covered.
Here are some hair care essentials that protect your this summer:
- Cover your head: Wear a wide-brimmed hat or a scarf whenever you step out in the sun. If possible, carry an umbrella. This will protect your hair from direct sunlight and it also helps in retaining your hair’s natural moisture. If your hair is prone to tangling, this can work wonders for you.
- Apply sun protection serum: Make a daily habit of applying a sun protection serum. Just like your skin, your hair too needs sunscreen. The Earth Collective Sun Protection Hair Serum protects your hair from the harmful effects of UV rays. Enriched with the goodness of alfalfa, argan and orange, this serum is light and non-greasy, thus making it ideal for daily use.
- Skip heat styling: Heat styling is not good for your hair, no matter what the weather outside is. Though heat styling gives your hair the stunning look you want, high temperatures leave hair dehydrated, fragile, dull and lifeless. To restore your hair’s health, commit to at least a month away from heat styling.
- Take extra care of your hair: During the steamy summer days, just washing your hair is not enough. Applying leave-in treatments should be a part of your summer hair care regimen. These hair products are designed to help hydrate your hair and enhance its shine. You can apply our overnight illuminator before you go to bed. The hours of conditioning will leave your hair soft with long-lasting hydration that helps prevent breakage and dry hair. If you are short on time, use our hair moisturizer. The deep-nourishing cream is all you need to style your hair.
- Stay hydrated: Just as eating a well-balanced diet is essential for the health of your hair, so is drinking enough water. When your body is dehydrated, it can make your hair dry, frizzy and brittle. Dehydration may cause your hair to lose its lustre. During the summer months, besides adding more fresh fruits and vegetables to your regular diet, make sure you keep yourself hydrated.