It’s that time of the year again, when people promise to become a better version of themselves and hair care routine is the perfect place to start with. Whether you want to break bad hair habits or adopt healthier ones in the new year, now is the time to make some resolutions for not just better-looking but healthy hair.
We as a veritable hair specialist share with you hair resolutions that you should stick by this year to make your manes silky, smooth and healthy:
- Indulge in weekly hair treatment: Whether you want to bring back dull and dry hair back to life or get rid of excess oil from the scalp, a weekly treatment can give your hair the much-needed care. Besides using a hair conditioner, aim to use a hair mask once a week. Our hair masks are intense and high-powered conditioning treatments that are targeted at specific concerns. Choose the one that suits your hair and add luster, shine and softness to your hair.
- Break bad hair habits: New Year is the perfect time to break bad habits that have been ruining your hair. Here are some hair habits you need to quit now:
- Brushing wet hair: Wet hair is extremely weak and vulnerable to breakage. Refrain from combing hair post-shower. Let it air dry and use a wide-toothed comb to gently untangle them. It may seem little time-taking but a little extra effort can reduce the hair loss.
- Excessive use of heating tools: Heat styling tools leave your hair dry, frizzy and dull, making it more vulnerable to breakage. This year, give your blow dryer, curling irons and other heating tools some rest so that your tresses can regain their natural strength.
- Know your hair: Many people unwittingly damage their hair by not not using the right shampoo. So, this year, promise yourself to use the correct cleanser and conditioner that provide your hair the right balance of moisture and nutrition. If your hair is oily, choose a cleanser and conditioner that contain jojoba, kaffir lime and grapefruit. These products will clean your hair without weighing them down. Similarly for dandruff, choose anti dandruff shampoo and conditioner that contain ingredients which have antiseptic properties. Check out 3-step anti dandruff treatment to get rid of dandruff and itchiness.
- Switch to products that are gentle on your hair: Do you really know what’s in your hair products? If not, it’s time to read the label on your hair products a bit more carefully. Hair products that contain sulfate, mineral oil and parabens are good for your hair. They not only strip your hair of its natural oils but also cause major build up on the scalp.
- Oil hair regularly: You must have got hair champis from your mother or grandmothers at least once in your life. It is time to make the old champi part of the hair care routine. Indulge your hair in a good oil massage regularly. Oiling protects hair strands from regular wear and tear and at the same time gives your scalp the much-needed hydration. Use the hair oil that suits your hair type. For best results keep oil overnight on the hair as this gives the scalp enough time to absorb the oil.
If you need help selecting the right product for your hair, book a consultation with us.