How To Improve Hair Density?
|What Is Hair Density?|
Hair Density/Follicle Density is the measure of the number of hair follicles per unit area of the scalp. To arrive at a person’s follicle density, the number of strands of hair are counted per square-inch of scalp area, usually measured from the back of the scalp.
Since the average hair density depends on a number of factors including ethnicity, age, gender, etc, it’s hard to define a ‘Normal’ density level for the average person. But a rough standard or average can be considered to be around 1050 strands of hair per square inch.
While it’s not feasible to manually count the hair strands per square inch area, you can keep track of some indicators to understand your hair density – scarce growth, bald patches, receding hairline and hair fall & thinning in general. These simple indications should not be overlooked.
Understanding your hair density allows you to figure out if your hair density is low, medium or high – and accordingly plan the products and regimen you should be following. While other factors such as coarseness, dry/oily scalp, etc, also have to be accounted for, here is a quick guide on how you can plan your hair & scalp regimen for low hair density & weak / thin hair.
Hair & Scalp Care for Low Hair Density
If you fall under the low hair density category, then you will need to keep a few things in mind when it comes to your hair & scalp regimen. Heavy, concentrated hair care products are a Big No-No! Hair cleansers, which are mild formulations free from the harmful chemicals & detergents usually found in shampoos, should be preferred. Heavy oils and conditioners with harsh chemicals should also be avoided.
Additionally, you should regularly use nourishing hair care products and oils (preferably clean-label & containing natural ingredients), to improve the overall health of your hair.
If you’re wondering where to start, we have designed a mild, nourishing hair cleanser containing the Goodness of powerful, natural ingredients like Hops, Capsicum & Ginseng. Our “Weak & Thinning Hair Cleanser” has been intensively formulated to gently clean and nourish your hair & scalp at the same time.
Home Remedies for Hair Thinning & Hair Fall
Here are some things you can do at home to address hair thinning & hair fall and ensure that your hair & scalp are properly nourished.
– Healthy Diet: Your diet, and ensuring that you intake the adequate protein & vitamins required, plays a big role in the health of your hair. You should be eating a well-balanced diet that includes all of the essential nutrients required for hair & scalp health such as protein, biotin, vitamins C, A, B, D, E, iron & zinc.Some Hair-Healthy Foods!
- . Eggs
- . Dairy fortified with vitamin D
- . Iron fortified Cereal
- . Spinach
- . Walnuts & Brazil nuts
- . Salmon & other fatty fish
- – Healthy Diet: Your diet, and ensuring that you intake the adequate protein & vitamins required, plays a big role in the health of your hair. You should be eating a well-balanced diet that includes all of the essential nutrients required for hair & scalp health such as protein, biotin, vitamins C, A, B, D, E, iron & zinc.Some Hair-Healthy Foods!
- – Stress Reduction: Your stress (cortisol) levels have a huge impact on your health, including your hair health. Constant, high stress has been shown to increase hair fall and negatively impact scalp health. Meditation, exercising, going on walks and getting mental health counselling are some great ways to reduce stress in your life!
- – Gentle Massage & Combing: As it turns out, the traditional practices & routines that exist can sometimes end up being the most effective solutions. Massaging the scalp gently improves the blood circulation in the scalp, and ensures that essential nutrients are delivered to all of the hair follicles effectively. Gentle combing is similarly beneficial, and should be a part of the daily hair care routine. You can also use nutritious hair oils while massaging the scalp which will help in further nourishing & protecting your hair.
The Earth Collective – The Hair Specialists!
We have spent years researching, studying, testing & formulating Hair Care Solutions that address the root concerns and deeply nourish your hair & scalp. Our products are derived from the bounty of Mother Nature, inspired by Ancient Natural Wisdom and are backed by years of Research & Scientific Studies!
The Ultimate Thin Hair Remedy – Our clinically tested and dermatologically approved Hair Density Tonic to reduce hair fall & strengthen hair follicles.