|Hair care routines are highly subjective & personalised, and there is no single magical routine that would be ideal for everyone. Having said that, there are still some good hair care practices you should incorporate into your routine, regardless of your hair type, concerns & other factors. Additionally, you need to keep the local climate, water quality, etc. in mind when trying to figure out your ideal hair care routine in India.|
The Earth Collective brings you some of the best practices for Indian men & women when it comes to hair care.
Hair Care Routine For Indian Men
1) ShampooingWash your hair with a gentle shampoo and conditioner that is suitable for your hair type. Better yet, switch to a mild cleanser to avoid the harsh chemicals and detergents found in shampoos. If you have oily hair, you may want to wash it daily. But if your hair is dry, you may want to wash it every other day or even less frequently to prevent stripping the hair of its natural oils.Similarly, men who exercise regularly or work in a dusty environment may need to wash their hair more often to remove sweat and dirt.
2) Use Hair Oils or Serum :
Use a hair oil or serum to keep your hair nourished and protected. Coconut oil, almond oil and argan oil are suitable for Indian men’s hair. Apply the oil to your scalp & hair and leave it on for a few hours (or overnight) before washing it out.
Similarly, serums are available from The Earth Collective, with intensely researched formulations for pollution protection, anti-frizz and sun protection.
|You can check them out here!|
3) Brushing Your Hair Correctly :Use a wide-toothed comb or a soft-bristled brush to remove tangles and distribute natural oils. Avoid brushing wet hair, as it is more prone to breakage.
4) Eat Foods That Support Hair Growth:Eat a balanced diet that is rich in vitamins and minerals and promote hair health. Some examples of foods that are good for hair include leafy greens, nuts, eggs, fish, etc. that are rich in protein, iron and biotin.
Protect your hair from the sun, wind and other harsh environmental factors by wearing a hat when you are outdoors.
Hair Care Routine For Indian Women
1) Oiling Your Hair is a Must:Indian women have been using hair oils for centuries as a natural hair care remedy. Using hair oils regularly helps nourish and strengthen hair. Another essential step is to choose a hair oil that suits your hair type and then massage it into your scalp regularly for smooth and frizz-free hair.
2) Using a Hair Mask:Using a hair mask once a week can help nourish and repair damaged hair. Select a hair mask based on your main concern, such as pollution control, rejuvenation or oil control.
4) Steaming Your Hair?:Steaming makes your hair soft and hydrates it, specifically benefiting naturally dry hair. Steaming also helps maintain moisture, improve hair elasticity, enhance curl definition and help in increasing blood flow to the scalp.
Well, there you have it! These are some best hair care practices to keep in mind when figuring out the ideal hair care routine for you.. If you’re looking for hair care products formulated with powerful natural extracts and are free of harsh chemicals, check out The Earth Collective today!